Thursday, June 24, 2010

A return to food blogs!


Hey everybody! After an unfortunately long hiatus I am back in blogging mode! I took a break to move and set up a new life in the city. I decided to start writing in this media again because of recent discussions with friends and coworkers on the state of food in our corner of the world. I’ll admit I’m blessed: I live in Victoria, BC, Canada. I have so many options about what to eat and where it comes from. I confess even with restaurant experience and cookery school, I am sometimes over whelmed by the options! I spent the better part of last winter designing my first cookbook detailing the experiences I enjoyed in Europe attending cookery school and some of the recipes I acquired there but it never seems to be enough! New foods are popping up and food trends are continually evolving and I find myself with more recipes then time to put them into new cookbooks. So I shall blog again!

It is here that I will share tips, tricks, recipes, market options and seasonal celebrations. From the joys of alternative cuts of meat to the glory of the first sprouts of asparagus, I will record my culinary journeys. It is my hope that these entries will show the newly curious to the adventuresome veterans of food experimentation, something new and interesting. I hope you enjoy and respond in any way you see fit, that way I can learn something too!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Bro - I am following and Jeff and I are looking forward to drooling over your latest resto visits in Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Toby, can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete